Monday 17 March 2014

Shop Names

http://3d.about.com/od/Creating-3D-The-CG-Pipeline/ss/Maya-Tutorial-Series-Detailing-The-Greek-Column.htm

I stumbled across the above link, was looking for something completely different and at the bottom of the page was an image of a greek column. And it turned out to be a 'how to' guide on making them. The look of it is perfect for the columns around the windows, so I will give it a go.

I have found a texture which I quite like for the sky which I found on www.shareeac.com - However now when I go back to the site to try and get the information about the image it wont load up. Also after rendering out the image the sky is very dark.


I have rendered out a 6 second video to try a camera movement.

I did another search on what the actual shops/cafes are called on the ground floor, and this is a harder search than I imagined. They all name one cafe in particular but that seems to be the most help I am getting. I came across some books - 

Name: The Golden Book of Venice All of the City and its masterpieces
Printed: Italy, Centro Stampa Editoriale Bonechi, Sesto Fiorentino
Page 6 - 11

Gran Cafe Quadri is on the vecchi side - 
Name: Italy
Authors: Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
London, 2004
Pages 336

Doing another search of high quailty images the shutters are shut on the majority of places so that helps as I can just model some shutters and can angle the shot where it does not look at the names above doors for these places.

I have also found some helpful images which show the windows which are in the archways. 












No comments:

Post a Comment