Friday 28 March 2014

Summary

I can start off by saying I am proud for completing the modeling side of this project, and I like the look of it. Usually I am very very critical but how it looks as a whole I like it.

The original plan was to create a scene with David animated, however with time not being on my side I was un able to achieve this. I did however specifiy I would do that if there was time, so I have partically done what I said I would do

Modeling:
I found some of this to be fairly easy and other bits annoying. I only really had to create one of each asset and duplicate it and put into place and then amend each one once they were in place. There were a few issues as explained in previous posts but most of them were resolved. There are few little things I would change in regards to shapes of some of the objects. For example the ground floor archways, I would make the part where it connects to the column sharper as they are rounded. I would also redo the top floor round windows as the sides are not as smooth as I would like them to be. I want to add the fabric to the tables and the windows as well. There is still time to correct these issues before Expotees.

Lights:
I wanted to have natural light on my building to make it 'reaslistic' so I looked on line to see what I could find. I came across the sun light option which is built into Maya. Following a youtube video I was able to locate the option and turn it on. I then rotated the sun to get the right side for the shadows. One side was too dark and too much shadow. I like the amount of shadow in the angle I have went for. I turned down the intensity by almost half as well as the scene was very white and washed out by the brightness.



I am hoping when I add textures that the light will calm down a little bit more, bouncing off the colours that I add.



Textures:

I tested a few textures but they did not work out to plan so this took longer than expected. I left myself too little time to experiment and have ended up leaving it blank. I was hoping to have at least the windows finished but again, with having to leave for the train I dont have time.



I should have factored in more time and it is my own fault for not being prepared for this.



Rendering:

I was fiddling on too much with little things that it only left me with 2 hours to render, after half an hour I checked it and it was only on frame 18. To solve this problem I ended up doing a render of individual shots and then putting them into AE to create a short video of my work.



This is not ideal as I would have preferred the video.



My video was going to be 500 frames, with the camera zooming around the building to show my work and then end on David.



Sound:

I wanted to add sound from a composer I was told about. I have a blog entry about him and his work. Again, with not having time to render out the video I have not added the sound.



For expotees I would like to have the texturing complete and have sound.



I am not too worried that the animation did not take place as that was not part of my project, it was an added bonus if I had time. If there is time after the group project and before Expotees then I would like to have that part complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment