Wednesday 12 March 2014

David


Well there is David. I have purchased the model from 3D Studio, online. The model was created by user ultra_active. I contacted the website to check it was okay I used this for my project and they have said yes, it is okay.

He is a bit shiny at the moment so will change the texture and also may add a fig leaf ha. Not sure if I posted already, I watched an hour long documentary about the statue of David which stated that a fig leaf was placed over him as he was too 'riskay' and woman wouldnt enter the square where he was because of it :/

At the beginning I was thinking of cutting costs and also expanding my skills with modelling this myself. I also thought it would be good to get some mud box experience. In the long run it hasnt turned out to be the brightest idea. 

With unexpected events and other issues the time is going past very quickly and leaves me with 'do I chance it' or 'do I purchase it and get on with other things' decisions. I have gone with 'purchase'. 

I feel this is the best choice because I am not an experienced character modeller and there are many people out there who can create amazing pieces, such as this one. In the industry they do this so I feel it is okay I have. 

In my brief I did explain I would model it myself so an amendment has been made.

But, that means I can have more time and more fun now, attempting to get him to move!

No comments:

Post a Comment